19 items found, showing page 2 of 2
Bus passengers across the West of England will help raise thousands of pounds for charity thanks to a unicorn decked out in Bristol’s famous icons.
The soon-to-be-reopened Bristol Beacon, set to host 800 events a year, is delighted to announce a new partnership with First Bus that will reward concert-goers for travelling sustainably by offering discounted bus travel.
Serving members of the armed forces, veterans and cadets are being offered free bus travel this Saturday to show support for Armed Forces Day.
One of the UK’s largest cities will welcome a specially designed bus on its streets 60 years after a ban was lifted preventing black and Asian people from driving buses.
- - Macmillan Cancer Support appointed as new national charity partner for First Bus for next three years.
- - Macmillan were chosen by thousands of First Bus colleagues across the UK operations.
- - Initial donation of £10k to kick off fundraising efforts.
- First Bus completes UK wide rollout of Tap On, Tap Off (TOTO) technology on over 4000 buses.
- First Bus is first major UK bus operator to achieve this milestone across entire fleet.
- First Bus invests over £1 million alongside further investment from local authority partners.
- TOTO technology allows First Bus to charge more personalised fares to customers based on distance travelled.
- TOTO gives customers unlimited travel on buses, whilst never paying more than the daily or weekly cap.
- First Bus and Ticketer partnership has led to a first-of-its-kind pilot in the UK using this technology.
First Bus announces investment in solar power across 20 UK sites as part of net zero-emission strategy
- First Bus invests £2.5m in solar power across 20 of its UK depots.
- Over 6,000 Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) panels will be in place by mid-June.
- The panels will generate more than 2 million kWh per year - enough to power 700 family homes.
- This investment will help First Bus to become net zero and self-sustaining with on-site energy generation.