12 items found
- Bus operator First West of England and Bristol-based charity, Suicide Prevention UK, are joining forces for what is believed to be the first partnership of its kind - at this scale - in the UK.
- People at risk of suicide increasingly using buses to reach the destination where they plan to take their lives.
- At least three in 50 people use public transport to get to their suicide location.
- First West of England will offer training to drivers to spot the signs of suicide, raise the profile of suicide high risk areas on bus routes, offer free travel to the charity’s volunteers and launch an on-board marketing campaign expected to be seen by about 1.5million passengers each week.
First West of England, First Cymru and First Worcester has confirmed its bus timetables over the Christmas and New Year period.
Veterans and UK Armed Forces personnel using First Bus services in the West of England, Wales and Worcester are being offered free travel during remembrance weekend.
Young people leaving care will be able to travel for free on the West of England’s buses
One of the West of England’s most picturesque bus routes is opening its doors for free next week.
Bus operator First West of England has announced changes to some of its fares from Sunday 9th July.
Bus passengers across the West of England will help raise thousands of pounds for charity thanks to a unicorn decked out in Bristol’s famous icons.
The soon-to-be-reopened Bristol Beacon, set to host 800 events a year, is delighted to announce a new partnership with First Bus that will reward concert-goers for travelling sustainably by offering discounted bus travel.
Serving members of the armed forces, veterans and cadets are being offered free bus travel this Saturday to show support for Armed Forces Day.
- - Macmillan Cancer Support appointed as new national charity partner for First Bus for next three years.
- - Macmillan were chosen by thousands of First Bus colleagues across the UK operations.
- - Initial donation of £10k to kick off fundraising efforts.
- First Bus completes UK wide rollout of Tap On, Tap Off (TOTO) technology on over 4000 buses.
- First Bus is first major UK bus operator to achieve this milestone across entire fleet.
- First Bus invests over £1 million alongside further investment from local authority partners.
- TOTO technology allows First Bus to charge more personalised fares to customers based on distance travelled.
- TOTO gives customers unlimited travel on buses, whilst never paying more than the daily or weekly cap.
- First Bus and Ticketer partnership has led to a first-of-its-kind pilot in the UK using this technology.
First Bus announces investment in solar power across 20 UK sites as part of net zero-emission strategy
- First Bus invests £2.5m in solar power across 20 of its UK depots.
- Over 6,000 Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) panels will be in place by mid-June.
- The panels will generate more than 2 million kWh per year - enough to power 700 family homes.
- This investment will help First Bus to become net zero and self-sustaining with on-site energy generation.