8 items found
First West of England, First Cymru and First Worcester has confirmed its bus timetables over the Christmas and New Year period.
Travelling to work by bus will become easier thanks to a new additional bus service in Worcestershire.
Veterans and UK Armed Forces personnel using First Bus services in the West of England, Wales and Worcester are being offered free travel during remembrance weekend.
Students and shift workers across Worcester are set to benefit from new bus services connecting the university and business parks to the rest of the city under a package of changes from First Worcester.
Serving members of the armed forces, veterans and cadets are being offered free bus travel this Saturday to show support for Armed Forces Day.
- - Macmillan Cancer Support appointed as new national charity partner for First Bus for next three years.
- - Macmillan were chosen by thousands of First Bus colleagues across the UK operations.
- - Initial donation of £10k to kick off fundraising efforts.
- First Bus completes UK wide rollout of Tap On, Tap Off (TOTO) technology on over 4000 buses.
- First Bus is first major UK bus operator to achieve this milestone across entire fleet.
- First Bus invests over £1 million alongside further investment from local authority partners.
- TOTO technology allows First Bus to charge more personalised fares to customers based on distance travelled.
- TOTO gives customers unlimited travel on buses, whilst never paying more than the daily or weekly cap.
- First Bus and Ticketer partnership has led to a first-of-its-kind pilot in the UK using this technology.
First Bus announces investment in solar power across 20 UK sites as part of net zero-emission strategy
- First Bus invests £2.5m in solar power across 20 of its UK depots.
- Over 6,000 Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) panels will be in place by mid-June.
- The panels will generate more than 2 million kWh per year - enough to power 700 family homes.
- This investment will help First Bus to become net zero and self-sustaining with on-site energy generation.